Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services (P.A.W.S.)
PAWS provides for the safety and health of the pet and homeless animal population in Pflugerville which includes field response and management of the Pflugerville Animal Shelter .
Pflugerville Animal Shelter
1600 Waterbrook Drive
Pflugerville, TX 78660
Sun - Tues: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thurs - Sat: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Lost and Stray Pets
Provisions of the Animal Control Ordinance include:
- Leash required: An animal must be either confined to their yard or under the control of their owner on a leash.
- No animals at large: Animals found at large picked up by Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services (P.A.W.S.) are impounded at the Pflugerville Animal Shelter.
- 5 days to claim lost pets: Attempts are made to contact the owner if known, or a certified letter is sent to the last known address. If the owner fails to respond within five days of the letter post mark, the animal becomes property of the City of Pflugerville. (Keep your microchip information current)
- After 5 days, up for adoption: Animals are placed up for adoption or made available to rescue groups after the fifth day of impoundment.
- Call Us: Citizens may, and are encouraged to, contact Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services daily to check on a lost or missing animal. You can also check our Facebook page to see if your pet has been found or to post a picture during after hours. Don't forget to visit our Lost and Stray Pets webpage to look for your pfurry pfriend!
The City Code provides protection from dangerous animals for residents and their pets. Animals who are repeat biters or attackers may be considered a dangerous animal by Health and Safety Code and City Ordinance. If a dog is declared dangerous or aggressive, the owner must confine the animal in a secure enclosure approved by Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services (P.A.W.S.). Owners may also have to obtain liability insurance on the animal to meet State requirements.
If you have an animal complaint, an animal bite or scratch, or see an animal loose contact Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services at 512-990-PETS(7387) or contact the Pflugerville Police Department at 512-251-4004.
Neglected and Abused Animals
Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services (P.A.W.S.) also actively investigates State laws regarding animal cruelty and animal neglect or abuse. If you suspect animal cruelty, contact the P.A.W.S. and an Animal Services Officer will be sent to investigate.
- Snakes and Injured or Sick Wildlife
Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services (P.A.W.S.) also deals with snakes and injured or sick wildlife. P.A.W.S. does not put out traps for wildlife in general, unless it is sick or injured.
- Bees and Wasps
For removal of bees or wasps, an exterminator or bee keeper will need to be called. Those names can be found online or in the area phone directories
Yes chickens are permitted in the City limits of Pflugerville. Residents are encouraged to check homeowner association regulations for your neighborhood.
The Pflugerville Animal Shelter, in conjunction with PetPoint Solutions, has acquired a new web-based animal shelter management program. The PetPoint Shelter Management program comes free to shelters using the 24PETWATCH microchip and lost pet recovery program. Organizations using PetPoint and 24PetWatch can also take advantage of Pethealth's ShelterCare Insurance program, the most widely used pet health insurance program within the shelter community.
PetPoint's user-friendly software allows all animals to be entered into the system immediately upon rescue, and then be tracked throughout their stay at the shelter. The shelter's affiliation with PetPoint Solutions and 24PetWatch also allows for microchipping of all animals as soon as they arrive at the shelter to assist the shelter staff in tracking each animal from intake through adoption.
PetPoint allows for easy maintenance of animals posted online for adoption and can automatically update online adoptable animal listings each hour, including pictures, stories and profiles listed on PetTango.
P.A.W.S. Helpful Links
For additional information on animal rescue and adoption agencies in the area, check out these link below.