The City of Pflugerville encourages online conversation with residents, guests, visitors and online community. The City of Pflugerville recognizes that our target audiences are viewing both conventional and online media.
This policy applies to any pre-existing or proposed social media web sites and online accounts created by the City and the terms at which the public is encouraged to interact with the City in social media.
- Persons may be permanently excluded from City social media pages if acting contrary to these rules. Persons who repeatedly break rules will receive a warning.
- Advertising or promotional announcements are not permitted and will be hidden, deleted or removed.
- Persons writing more than 250 characters may be asked to rewrite.
- Anyone using profane language or posting any information that could be considered disrespectful dialogue will be asked to reword their post, or it may be deleted. Facebook spam filter is in use.
- Comments must not be in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures; Postings for elections or other campaign purposes will not be published.
- Content will be removed that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content is not permitted.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity if not permitted.
- Posted content must be relevant to Pflugerville and the City of Pflugerville.
- Users are encouraged not to provide personally identifiable information within your comments to include but not limited to phone number, address.
- No attacks on individual character will be permitted.
- You are legally responsible for what you write, and it must not breach any law, confidentiality or copyright. Because you are responsible for your statements, be careful about exaggeration, innuendo, etc.
- Any pictures posted will be related to the City of Pflugerville.
The City reserves the right to restrict or remove any content deemed in violation of the terms outlined in this policy. Any content removed based on these guidelines will be retained, including the time, date and identity of the poster when available.
To keep our page specific to news information and inquiries about the City of Pflugerville, please understand that non-profit messages, bake sales, T-shirt sales etc..., may be removed as they are not news from the City of Pflugerville.
Benefits of social media:
The city acknowledges the many benefits of social media as it aids in:
- Transparency of City government and services.
- One-on-one connection with residents and persons interested in Pflugerville.
- Open dialogue on City issues and happenings.
- Opportunity to send time-sensitive information to residents and media quickly.
- Additional marketing/promotional channel to increase awareness of City messages.
- Reach additional demographics and audiences.• Provide timely information to all audiences.
Pflugerville’s Social Media Definitions:
Facebook: Facebook is a free-access social networking website that is operated and privately owned by Facebook, Inc. The city has multiple pages including:
http://www.facebook.com/PflugervilleTX (Overall city information)
http://www.facebook.com/Pflugervillelibrary (Pflugerville Public Library news)
http://www.facebook.com/PflugervilleParksandRec (Parks and Recreation News and Events)
http://www.facebook.com/PflugervillePolice/ (Pflugerville Police Department news
http://www.facebook.com/PfchiefRobledo (Pflugerville Police Chief)
Twitter: Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read other users' updates known as tweets which answer the question “what are you doing?”
http://twitter.com/pflugervilletx -city main Twitter overall news
http://twitter.com/pfpolice - updates from PPD
http://twitter.com/Pflugervillelib - Library
http://twitter.com/PfchiefRobledo- posts from Chief Robledo
Instagram: We tell our story through pictures on Instagram. Pflugerville Police, Library and City of Pflugerville host accounts.
Nixle: Nixle is an alert application to notify residents via text or email about updates in Pflugerville. For emergency texts, road closures and weather alerts, text PfPd to 888777 to get signed up or customize with email and notification types at www.nixle.com.
Youtube: The city posts Pflugerville Pfocus and other city video programming on Youtube at www.youtube.com/cityofPflugerville. Watch PfTV programming online live stream for Council meeting and programming at www.pflugervilletx.gov/pftv.
Flickr: Flickr is an image and video hosting website. All pictures posted on the city's Flickr site are available for the public and media to use with a photo caption (courtesy of the City of Pflugerville) http://www.flickr.com/photos/cityofpflugerville