Teen Art Contest begins
- Date: 06/17/2019 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Pflugerville Public Library
1008 W. Pfluger Street
Pflugerville, Texas 78660
- Introduction: Teens ages 12-18 are invited to participate in an art contest at the library.
- Featured ItemNo
Do you paint, draw, or make digital art? Artists ages 12-18 are encouraged to compete in an art contest at the Pflugerville Public Library. Artwork will be displayed in the Teen Space and the winning artists will receive Michael's gift cards, courtesy of the Friends of the Library. Pick up an entry form at the library. Entries may be submitted from June 17 through June 28.
Teens ages 12-18 with a Pflugerville Public Library card may enter. Limit one entry per contestant.
- Artwork must be 2-dimensional artwork and able to be displayed vertically on a wall. Artwork should be a minimum of 8”x10” and a maximum of 36”x36”. Digital artwork may be submitted and should be saved at 300 dpi in jpeg format.
- Artwork must be the original work of the entrant. Copyrighted images may not be used. Artwork must be suitable for all ages.
- The entry form should be fully completed and attached to the back of the artwork. Artists submitting digital work should include the entry form information in the email. A signed Waiver/Release of Liability with the signature of a parent or legal guardian must be also submitted.
- No personal information should appear on the front of the artwork.
- Artwork may be turned into the library at the Checkout desk. Email digital artwork to email@example.com with the subject line “Teen Art Contest.” Entry form information must be included in the body of the email.
- Entries may be submitted from June 17 through June 28. Late entries will not be accepted.
The library’s Teen Advisory Group (TAG) members will select the winning artwork. Winners will be announced on July 19 at the Night at Hogwarts event. Artists do not need to be present to win. Michael’s gift cards will be awarded to the 1st place winner and one runner up, courtesy of the Friends of the Library.
- 1st Prize: $30 gift card
- Runner Up: $20 gift card
Submitted artwork will be displayed in the Teen Space through August 2019. Artwork that is not submitted with hanging hardware will be hung using binder clips. Artists will be contacted to pick up their artwork after it is taken down. Artwork not claimed by September 15 will be discarded.