Parks and Recreation Month: Pfamily Pfloat Night at Scott Mentzer Pool
- Date: 07/19/2019 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: Scott B. Mentzer Pool
901 Old Austin Hutto Road
Pflugerville, Texas 78660
- Introduction: Join us for special events and programs throughout the month of July
- Featured ItemNo
This year, we're focused on all the pfun we have in Parks and Recreation - especially with sports and fitness.
Join us for the pfollowing special events and programs throughout the month of July:
- Wednesday, July 3 at 8 am - Yoga in the Park at Pfluger Park
- Yoga in the Park will feature sitting chair yoga, standing chair-assisted yoga and breathing exercises. It is perfect for senior citizens or those with low mobility. (Weather permitting)
- Friday, July 5 - Pfree Pfirst Friday at the Recreation Center
- Try out everything the Recreation Center has to offer - for free!
- Saturday, July 6 at 9 am - Pfree Workout with Camp Gladiator at Pfluger Park
- We're partnering with Camp Gladiator to bring you a free community workout in the park. Enjoy this pfun and challenging workout in Pfluger Park. Bring a yoga mat, water bottle and sweat towel.
- Tuesday, July 9 from 3-7 pm - Open Play Sand Volleyball at the Pfarmers Market (Heritage Park)
- Enjoy free play at the sand volleyball court in front of the Green Red Barn during the Pfarmers Market.
- Thursday, July 11 from 1-4:30 pm - Pickleball Boot Camp and Open Play (Pflugerville Recreation Center)
- Ever want to try pickleball but not know where to start? Join us in Recreation Center Gym for a pickleball clinic, open play and short tournament. Prizes will be given for the best team and best sportsman in the tournament. Win bags, a pickleball paddle, a two person play set and more.
- Sunday, July 14 at 10 am - Field Mojo at 1849 Park
- Austin Field Mojo is visiting Pflugerville on our new sports grounds at 1849 Park. Anyone can play this unique sport, and all ages and fitness levels are welcome. Find out more about Field Mojo by visiting their website fieldmojo.com.
- Friday, July 19 from 8-10 pm - Pfamily Pfloat Night at Scott Mentzer Pool
- In addition to all the pfun of a night swim, we have an inflatable slip and slide, discounted concessions and more. Admission is $5 for adults (14+) and $3 for children, cash only.
- Monday, July 29 - 1/2 off at Pflug Fun watercraft rentals at Lake Pflugerville
- Open from 10 am - 7 pm on weekdays, Pflug Fun is the only place at Lake Pflugerville to rent kayaks, canoes and stand up paddle boards.
Since 1985, the National Recreation and Parks Association (NRPA) has celebrated July as America’s official Park and Recreation Month. This is a time for us to celebrate the importance of parks and recreation in our lives.
Parks and recreation provide opportunities for our community to be active, healthy and thriving, at all ages and for all abilities. We invite you to explore the impact Parks and Recreation can have on you by getting out to a park, trail, playground, swimming pool, natural area or other public space during the month of July in celebration of National Park and Recreation month.