E-Tag / Paper Tag Enforcement Training ***COURSE CANCELED***
- Date: 03/25/2020 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Featured ItemNo
OUT OF PRECAUTIONS FOR COVID-19, THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELED AND WILL BE RESCHEDULED TO A LATER DATE/TIME
Course Description: E-Tag / Paper Tag Enforcement is a course developed by Sgt. Joe Escribano with the Travis County Constable Precinct 3 – Clean Air Task Force and is intended to help law enforcement officers, dispatchers, magistrates and prosecutors to identify and understand the various e-tags / paper tags and the information contained within e-tags / paper tags.
This course accomplishes this goal by focusing on the following points:
- Define E-Tag.
- Discover the reasons behind the alteration of E-Tags.
- Identify four E-Tag counter measures.
- Apply a bar code reader to an E-Tag and obtain the Tag information.
- Recall two types of Dealer Tags.
- Recognize the appropriate use of a Dealer Tag.
- Recall two types of Buyers Tags.
- State the period a Buyers Tag remains valid.
- State the validity period (in months) of a Buyer Internet down Tag.
- Identify the most commonly altered E Tags.
- Distinguish between a Buyer, Dealer Tags and Permits.
- Recognize the characteristics of altered e-tags.
- Explain a NCIC and TCIC return of NO RECORD RTS DATABASE.
- Recognize the proper charges for the alteration of a paper tag.
- Recognize the proper charges for operating salvage titled motor vehicle.
Instructors: Sergeant Joe Escribano - Travis County Constable Pct. 3 & Senior Deputy David Kohler - Travis County Sheriff's Office
This Course is limited to TCOLE licensed peace officers only. Questions? Contact Cpl. Aaron Herrera at 512-990-6749.
Course Cost: FREE