A reminder to always Take, Lock and Hide
Post Date:07/10/2018 10:07 AM
Vehicle break-ins can ruin your day. Help avoid them, by securing your belongings and remembering to Take, Lock and Hide.
The Pflugerville Police remind you of these tips to prevent theft.
- Always keep your vehicle locked.
- Completely close all windows and sunroofs.
- Hide garage door openers, keys, and other home-entry devices.
- Do not keep purses or other valuables in your car. Stash purchases and items before you go, so it is not obvious if you put items in your trunk or are hiding items just before you exit your parked vehicle. Secure items in your trunk or hidden trunk compartments.
- Consider security cameras and outdoor motion lights.
- Park in well-lit areas.
- Don’t leave loose change or money in your car.
- Be on the lookout for suspicious vehicles or persons.