Travis County extends Stay Home Order
Travis County’s Stay Home Order is extended through May 8 at 11:59 p.m. Residents are asked to continue to limit activity, travel and business functions to only the most basic and essential needs. Williamson County announced an extension of their Stay Home Order through April 30 at 11:59 p.m. last week.
In addition to extending previous restrictions, the new Travis County Order requires everyone over 10 years old to wear a covering over their nose and mouth (i.e. a homemade mask, scarf, bandana or handkerchief) when leaving their residence, except when:
- Alone in a separate single space, whether indoor or outdoor
- In the presence only of other members of one’s household or residence whether inside or outside the residence
- When doing so poses a greater mental or physical health, safety or security risk
- When engaged in outdoor activity as defined by the Order
- For consumption purposes
Parents and guardians are responsible for appropriately masking children under 10 when outside their residence.
All individuals currently living in the City of Pflugerville are asked to stay home. If it is necessary to leave your residence, please cover your nose and mouth and maintain physical distancing of at least six feet from other people.
All City facilities remain closed and recreation classes and programs are canceled until further notice.
Travis County’s Order: https://www.traviscountytx.gov/images/docs/200314-gathering-order.pdf
Williamson County’s Order: https://www.wilco.org/Portals/0/Departments/PublicInfo/COVID-19/4.7.2020%20SHSS%20Order%20Extended.pdf
Please continue to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Official information on the City’s response to COVID-19 is available at pflugervilletx.gov/virus.