Sign up to be notified for future bids/RFQs.
Currently Open Bids/RFQs are displayed below.
City of Pflugerville Request for Qualifications - Downtown Utility Analysis
- Category:Contracted Services, Request For Qualifications
- Start Date:06/01/2020 8:00 AM
- Close Date:07/02/2020 4:00 PM
EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Thursday, July 2, 2020 by 4 p.m.
EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR QUESTIONS: Monday, June 29, 2020 by 2 p.m.
The City of Pflugerville is requesting Statement of Qualifications (SOQs) from interested qualified firms to provide for professional engineering and surveying services for the location, mapping, and analysis of overhead and underground utilities in Downtown Pflugerville. The RFQ document can be viewed and downloaded in the link below. To be considered for this project, your firm must meet the qualifications and satisfy the requirements set forth in the RFQ. If your firm is interested in being considered, please submit the SOQ by 4 p.m., Thursday, July 2, 2020 to Planning@pflugervilletx.gov.
C/O Ms. Emily Barron, AICP
All electronic submissions should be clearly marked as SOQs for the Downtown Pflugerville Utility Analysis. Note that all questions, clarifications, or requests for general information should be in writing via email to Emily Barron, the project manager. The submission deadline for general information requests will be 2 p.m. on Monday, June 29, 2020. Any requests received after this date will be returned.
Downtown Pflugerville Utility Analysis Request for Qualifications (Please note; the deadline has been extended to Thursday, July 2, 2020 by 4 p.m.)
- Can you please confirm the submittal date for the above referenced RFQ is June 25? I am asking because on page 9 it states “submittals must be received no later than 4pm on Thursday, June 11”. I just want to confirm the date stated on the cover letter (June 25) is indeed the correct date. - Yes, June 25, 2020 is the correct date. On page, where it states "all submittals must be received not later than 4 p.m., on Thursday, June 11, 2020" is an error. The deadline for submittal is 4 p.m., Thursday, June 25, 2020. (UPDATED: The deadline has been extended to July 2, 2020 by 4 p.m.)
- Do you anticipate extending the bid due date? At this time, we are extending the RFQ submission deadline to 4 p.m. on Thursday, July 2, 2020. The submission date for questions, clarifications, or requests for general information is 2 p.m., Monday, June 29, 2020.
- What additional details are you willing to provide, if any, beyond what is stated in bid documents concerning how you will identify the winning bid? We have no additional details at this time. (6/8/2020)
- Was this bid posted to the nationwide free bid notification website at www.mygovwatch.com? - The RFQ was not posted on this website.
- Other than your own website, where was this bid posted? - This RFQ will be published in the Pflugerville Pflag and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Is there a downtown master plan other than the downtown action plan that you can provide? Other than the Downtown Action Plan, please refer to the Old Town Pflugerville Vision Report which was adopted in 2009 as a strategic plan. The Downtown Action Plan (2019-2021) was adopted in September 2018 in order to reaffirm the action items listed within the 2009 Old Town Pflugerville Vision Report.
- Page 8, Item 1, asks for info for the Project Manager, Project Principal, and the firm, including office location and contact info. The evaluation criteria for Consideration Item 1 is only evaluating/considering points for the PM and PP, so can it be assumed you don’t expect to see any firm experience in this section as long as we provide the office and contact information? - The evaluation criteria for Consideration Item #1 (as provided on page 10) will include Project Manager and Project Principal's experience, whereas Consideration Item #3 will include the firm's experience.
- Page 8, Item 2 asks firms to “Identify project leadership, reporting responsibilities, how prime firm will interface with City's project manager and the sponsoring department, and how sub consultants will work within the management structure.” But under the Evaluation Criteria section, this is requested in Consideration Item 5 on page 11 “Identify project leadership, reporting responsibilities, how prime firm will interface with City's project manager and the sponsoring department, and how subconsultants will work within the management structure.”. Is it okay to only include this in our Consideration Item 5: Team Structure and Project Approach section? - Yes, the requested information may be consolidated under the Consideration Item 5: Team Structure and Project Approach section.
- Page 8, Item 5, asks for Central Texas and City of Pflugerville experience from the firm and subconsultants, but this is not outlined in the evaluation criteria at all. Will points be awarded towards including this information? - Experience in Central Texas and the City of Pflugerville may be included in the evaluation of Consideration Item #5.
- What area is expected to be surveyed as part of the analysis? Generally, the Downtown Pflugerville Utility Analysis study area shall be the area shown in pink on the map provided below.
What data and in what format will be provided to consultant for utility access easement and ROW information or is consultant expected to create and find it? We have information related to ROW and some information related to existing utility easements in a GIS format. In cases where the City does not have record of the utility easements, the City will work with the consultant in obtaining the necessary information. In terms of whether the consultant will be responsible for the creation of GIS data relating to existing easements will be determined through discussion with the selected consultant and the respective scope of services.
Are there other providers besides Oncor in the area for electric and gas? For electric and gas utilities, to our knowledge, Oncor provides electric service and Atmos provides gas service within the Downtown.
Are you looking for line condition analysis, supply and demand analysis or something different? What is your definition of water/wastewater analysis? Generally, we are seeking a preliminary engineering report for water and wastewater utility improvements, to include information related to line age and condition, capacity improvements corresponding to the anticipated development pattern, and identify any anticipated utility conflicts with the proposed relocation of overhead utility lines underground.
What are you considering “downtown area”? Please see the map provided above. The analysis will be performed within the Downtown Core.
Are respondents to follow page 10 or page 8 for the exact order and contents of the submittal? Please ensure you provide for all requested information provided on page 8 and 10. We recognize the numbers on page 8 do not fully correspond to the consideration item numbers on page 10. In terms of the order of contents, we recommend that you use page 10 and order the contents of the SOQ based on the 'Consideration Items' outlined.
Are there any required forms? No.
If we were to include an 11 x 17 graphic – would that be allowed? If allowed – would that count as 2 regular-size pages against the page limit? An 11x17 page will count as 2 pages. Per page 10 of the RFQ, "page" refers to single-sided, single spaced, 10-point minimum font printed on 8-1/2 x 11-inch pages.
Are email submittals allowed (rather than USB)? Yes, email submittals are allowed. Please email Planning@pflugervilletx.gov with the SOQ attached or instructions on how to retrieve the SOQ from an online storage platform. (e.g., FTP site, Dropbox, etc.)
Do covers/tabs count toward the page limit? No, covers and tabs do not count toward the page limit.