Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services (PAWS) has resumed normal operations and hours as of June 16, 2020, with certain changes as follows:
- We are currently not accepting feral cats over 3 months of age.
- Anyone coming to the shelter facility grounds must wear a face covering, including staff and volunteers.
- Upon arrival at our gate, customers must call 512-990-7387 and remain in their vehicle for the health and safety of our staff and animals. We will assess your needs and appropriately assist you.
- Intake of strays, returns, and owner surrenders will take place in the parking lot. . A PAWS staff member will meet the customer at your car with the stray/owner surrender contract and collect the animal. Not only is this method important for social distancing, it also prevents bringing new animals into the office who may carry contagious diseases or fungal infections that can easily spread quickly in shelter environments.
- For adoption viewings, customers will need to call 512-990-7387 from outside the gate to discuss potential adoption candidates. If the shelter has a suitable match, staff will assist customers with meeting the animal.
- The public will not be allowed to walk through the dog adoption building at this time or browse adoption animals. Staff will help customers meet animals they are interested in. There are designated outdoor areas for meet-and-greets with shelter dogs.
- Payment for reclaims and adoptions will be processed in the office, while paperwork will be completed outside. All pets will be brought to the customer's vehicle.
- Animal Service Officers are responding to animal-related calls in the field Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. For emergencies after hours, dial 911. If customers find a stray animal on Saturday - Sunday, they can bring it to the shelter; however, we will not be available to transport any injured or orphaned wildlife to Austin Wildlife Rescue on the weekends and they will instead need to be transported by the customer. Austin Wildlife Rescue can be reached at 512-472-9453 or 5401 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin, TX 78721.
For more information on City Services & Facilities affected by COVID-19, please click the below buttons:
Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services provides shelter for the stray and homeless animal population in Pflugerville. P.A.W.S. also provides animal services and pet resources within the City of Pflugerville city limits.
Found a Stray After Hours?If a resident finds a stray while officers are off duty, they can help reunite it with its owner by taking the animal to the nearest vet or Petco to be scanned for a microchip, posting info on the animal and where it was found on the Pflugerville Lost and Found Pets Facebook page, Nextdoor, and other social media platforms, and put out posters in the area it was found. Many animals are found with 2 blocks of their home. Finders can also hold on to the stray dog and call the next business day officers are on duty. If a resident finds a wild animal in need of assistance while officers are off duty, they can contact the appropriate Travis County Wildlife Rehabilitator listed on this Texas Parks & Wildlife page. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all work together to keep our community and animals as safe and healthy as possible!
Pflugerville Animal Shelter
After Hours Emergencies
Sun - Tues: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
P.A.W.S. Helpful Links
For additional information on animal rescue and adoption agencies in the area, check out these link below.