Visit Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services to look for your lost pet as soon as possible. All types of domestic and unique pets, exotic animals, farm animals and wildlife may be brought to the Shelter. Stray animals are only held for five calendar days before being eligible for adoption or rescue release. Please visit the shelter every day and search our database to check for your lost pet
- Visit and join the Pflugerville Lost and Found Pets Facebook page to post photos and information about your pet.
- Post and search for your lost pet on Nextdoor.com and Craigslist in the Community section under Lost & Found and Pets.
- Check surrounding animal shelters where your pet may have been taken. Some well-meaning people may pick up your dog or cat and take it a different shelter in the area.
- Start searching immediately. Create and distribute flyers and post signs in high traffic areas. Please ensure that your flyers and signs do not violate City of Pflugerville sign regulations. Distribute flyers in vet clinics, pet stores, groomers, pet boarding facilities and other local businesses.
- Make sure your pet's microchip is up to date.
- Don’t give up too quickly. Some lost pets are found within hours or days and others are found months or even years after disappearing. Don’t give up hope!
- You must visit Pflugerville Animal Shelter to reclaim your pet.
- Bring proof of ownership like vet records or a photo ID of your pet to reclaim.
- Bring your photo ID-- we accept Driver's License, US or International passport, government or other official photo identification and Mexican Consulate cards.
- Call Pflugerville Animal Welfare Services to find out fees due for reclaim at 512-990-7387.
Search for your pet in our online database: