- Annually submits a five-year comprehensive park plan
- Makes recommendations regarding the management, maintenance, use and improvement of all parks and public recreational facilities owned or controlled by the city
- Makes recommendations concerning acquiring real property and concerning donations, legacies, and bequests; makes recommendations regarding recreational programs and events.
The Parks and Recreation Commission is the Gold Star Affiliate of Keep Texas Beautiful, and makes Pflugerville more appealing to tourists, potential businesses and residents. The group actively works to improve Pflugerville by preventing litter, beautifying the environment and reducing waste.
Tree City USA
The City of Pflugerville is a registered Tree City USA and the Parks and Recreation Commission serves as the City’s Tree Care Advisory Board. In this capacity, the Commission coordinates and promotes Arbor Day activities, develops and updates a five-year plan to plant and maintain trees on City property, reviews Parks and Recreation Department concerns relating to tree care, submits an annual plan to the City Council, and submits the annual application to renew the Tree City USA designation.
Composed of six members serving two-year terms, one high school student member serving a one year term, and one alternate member serving a one year term. The student member is not required to be a registered voter. The alternate member may vote only if a regular member is absent.
Number of Positions: 8
Term Length: 2 years regular, 1 year alternate, 1 year student
Residency Requirements: 1 year
Meeting Date: 3rd Thursday of each month, 7 p.m.
Pflugerville Recreation Center
400 Immanuel Rd.
|Christina Crouch - Chair
|Lisa Ely -Alternate||12/18|
|Michael Owens - Secretary||12/18|
|Sebastian Carzola - Student Member||05/19|
Agendas and Minutes
- Agendas and Minutes
- Parks & Recreation Commission Recommended Fiscal Year 2017 Five-Year CIP List
- Parks & Recreation Commission Recommended Fiscal Year 2016 Five-Year CIP List
- Parks & Recreation Commission Recommended Fiscal Year 2015 Five-Year CIP List
- Parks & Recreation Commission FY ’17 Five‐Year Tree CIP List
If you are interested in service on a board or commission, you may submit the required application at any time, Regular interviews are conducted in Mid-November of each year for terms beginning the first of the following year. To inquire about current openings or for additional information, please email email@example.com or call 512-990-6101.
For more information about the Parks and Recreation Commission, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 512-990-6355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.