Newland Communities widened East Pflugerville Parkway from SH 130 to Colorado Sand Boulevard in a privately-funded project. The city supported Newland Communities as traffic changes were implemented during construction. The road widening and construction started in January 2015 and was complete in Fall 2015.
- The expansion of East Pflugerville Parkway into a four-lane divided roadway with dedicated turn lanes.
- Construction of 10-foot hike and bike trail.
- Installation of additional street lights.
This expansion helped to increase local mobility and improve connectivity to Lake Pflugerville and the surrounding neighborhoods. Construction of the project will occur in phases and incorporate temporary traffic lane shifts and temporary detours. Advanced public notification will be provided prior to any traffic change.
(This was a privately-initiated and funded project in support of roadway development for the Tax-Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) located east of SH 130 and NOT part of the voter approved 2014 General Obligation Bond package.)
Project Schedule and Status
For More Information
- Full list of Capital Improvement Projects - information on potential closures and project updates
- Sign up for the city's weekly e-newsletter, the Key to the City
Please contact the City of Pflugerville Capital Improvement Program at 512-990-6400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an additional questions.