This project is part of the City’s Annual Street Maintenance Program and will provide for pavement resurfacing (asphalt overlay) of Kennemer Dr. with pavement repairs as needed. The repairs and overlay are planned in 2 phases.
Project Engineer: K. Friese & Associates
Construction Contractor: Alpha Paving
Map: To view this project on the city's GIS map.
Asphalt Resurfacing and Overlay is a type of street repair that generally consists of the following steps:
- Grinding off selected areas of old asphalt either along the curb or within the street
- Patching any pot holes or badly deteriorated areas
- Placing and compacting hot mix asphalt pavement
- Adjusting any street hardware (manhole frames, catch basin frames) to the new grade of the asphalt and completing any restoration of adjacent properties
By installing a new layer of asphalt over the existing pavement, the City will be able to extend the pavement’s lifespan.
Project Schedule and Status
This project started construction in October 2016 and was completed in December 2016.
For More Information
- Full list of Capital Improvement Projects - information on potential closures and project updates
- Sign up for the city's weekly e-newsletter, the Key to the City
Please contact the City of Pflugerville Capital Improvement Program at 512-990-6400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an additional questions.