April 1, 2020
Effective immediately, the City of Pflugerville Building Inspections staff is modifying inspection procedures, permitting, and residential service calls consistent with the Travis County “Stay at Home – Work Safe” Order
issued on March 24, 2020. Generally, inspections performed outside will continue and those performed within
private residences shall be suspended till further notice. These continued measures are for the safety of both the resident and inspector. Staff will, however, continue to accommodate as listed below:
New Residential and Commercial Building Inspections:
- Builders are asked to respect the social distancing mandate by not having any personnel in the homes
during inspections, and are also not allowed to walk with the inspectors. They are encouraged instead to
reach out via email or I-message to the inspectors for questions.
- Builders are also highly encouraged to abide by the Job Site Protocols on any particular site, and all
other requirements mandated by the order.
- The reconnection of utility service for gas, electric, or water (to continue)
- Solar inspections (to continue)
Inspections that will need to be rescheduled upon the expiration of the Order includes:
- Mechanical/HVAC change outs
- Hot water heaters
- Residential remodels, additions
- Swimming pool inspections
- Residential Building Permit Submittals:
- Please continue to submit by emailing digital plan sets to firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks
should be mailed to PO Box 589, Pflugerville, TX 78691. Physical sets are not required at this
time. Vicky will continue to process, and get submissions into review.
- For Residential building permit questions contact Vicky Loera via email at
- Commercial Building Permit Submittals:
- Submit via email drop box link to Dianam@pflugervilletx.gov. Commercial permits will be
issued after Pre-cons which will be rescheduled upon expiration of the Order. Plans not
requiring impact fees can pay permit and trade fees online. Permits can be printed from
mygovernmentonline.org. If impact fees are required, checks should be mailed to PO Box 589,
Pflugerville, TX 78691. Permits will be issued after fees are received.
- For Commercial building permit questions contact Diana Martinez via email at
Building Permits submitted through mygovernmentonline.org will continue to be processed, reviewed, and issued as normal.
We hope to continue to serve the residents and building community while also respecting the seriousness of the current situation. These modifications are subject to change as information is presented. Please remain in contact with the appropriate city staff for updates and changes.
- County Order Enforcement Procedures (PDF)
- COVID-19: Construction Guidance (PDF)
- COVID-19: FAQs (PDF)
All inspections must be requested online at www.mygovernmentonline.org before 4:00pm for next business day scheduling. We do not accept inspection requests via telephone.
All cancellation requests must be received before 8:30am.
Schedule Inspections Online
To report problems with creating or accessing a user account and or creating a permit, please call 1-866-957-3764 for assistance.