What is the Unified Development Code?
The Unified Development Code (UDC) is the regulating document for development in Pflugerville. It contains zoning, site design and subdivision regulations necessary for implementing the vision of the community as reflected in the comprehensive plan. Refer to the link provided for the Unified Development Code online version.
The UDC is located within the Code of Ordinances under Title XV Land Usage and Chapter 157. It is applicable to all properties within the city limits; however, only the subdivision requirements are applicable to development in the ETJ.
Adopted Code Amendments
The City has adopted the following amendments to the Unified Development Code which have not yet been included within the online version of the Unified Development Code.
Subchapter 2. Administration Amendments: Adopted Ordinance
Subchapter 14. Parkland Standards Amendments: Adopted Ordinance
Subchapter 4, Section 4.6.5 Outdoor Display and Storage: Adopted Ordinance
Subchapter 4, Section 4.7-4.10 Temporary Uses, Structures, and Permits: Adopted Ordinance
Proposed Code Amendments
The City of Pflugerville is currently requesting public feedback regarding proposed code amendments. Please see below for further information. Comments and/or questions may be sent directly to Erin Sellers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code of Ordinances, Title XV: Land Usage, Chapter 154 Signs summary of amendments:
- Reorganized the whole chapter for ease of use.
- Clarified the purpose statements of sign regulation. (Refer to Section 154.001.)
- Modified the applicability of sign regulations in the City’s extraterritorial jurisdiction. (Refer to Section 154.003.)
- Updated the signs exempt from regulation. (Refer to Section 154.004.)
- Added and modified definitions to correlate to the provisions of Ch. 154 and added graphics for sign types and elements of such signs. (Refer to Section 154.005.)
- Modified the sign permit application requirements for ease of use and clarity.
- Clarified and added prohibited sign types.
- Clarified the sign measurement methodologies and added graphics for ease of use.
- All permitted sign types are now discussed in greater detail in Section 154.302 Permitted Sign Types; Conditions.
- Relocated the Downtown sign code requirements into Ch. 154 Signs for ease of use and consistent application of the requirements for sign types. Currently, Downtown sign requirements are located within Ch. 155: Site Development, Subchapter B. Central Business District.
- Added Downtown Sub-districts in order to address signage differently in the proposed gateway districts, such as the “Pfluger Tract” and “South Downtown” which are located along F.M. 685 and Dessau Road.
- Minor changes to the permitted sign types within the zoning districts.
- Updated nonconforming sign provisions.
- Updated provisions related to abandoned or discontinued signs.
- Updated sign maintenance provisions.
- Modified variance provisions to include procedures, approval criteria, and Planning and Zoning Commission purview.
- Added an appeal section where a denial of a variance by the Planning and Zoning Commission may be appealed to City Council.
Code of Ordinances, Title XV: Land Usage, Chapter 157 Unified Development Code relating to the Downtown District Overlay Requirements:
- Subchapter 4. Section 4.5.1 Downtown District Overlay - 7/2/2020 Version
- Subchapter 9. Section 9.9 Downtown Architectural Design Requirements - 7/2/2020 Version
Misc. Development Manuals