Hon. Farren Sheehan
Presiding Municipal Judge
Hon. Caroline Davis
Associate Municipal Judge
Pflugerville Justice Center
1611 Pfennig Lane
Pflugerville, TX 78660
P.O. Box 679
Pflugerville, TX 78691
Court Customer Service Hours:
8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Please allow 2 or 3 business days before contacting the Court for information concerning a citation. By signing the Notice to Appear, you agree to appear in person within 20 business days from the date of the violation. Telephone calls do not constitute an appearance. Any requests for action on a case must be made in person. Failure to appear may result in additional penalties and the issuance of warrant for your arrest.
If you are under the age of 17, the law requires that you appear in Court with a parent or guardian. Notification of the court date and time will be mailed to the parent or legal guardian.
Payments may be made by cash, check, money order or credit card (Visa or MasterCard). A service fee will be added to any online credit card transaction. Checks are not accepted for active warrants, payment on returned checks or bonds. Please do not mail cash payments.
Driving Safety Course
You may be eligible to attend a driving safety course for certain moving traffic violations if you have not taken one in the past 12 months prior to your citation. Please contact the Court, prior to taking any class, to discuss your eligibility. Your request must be made on or before your appearance date.
At the time of your request, you must provide all of the following:
1. Present valid proof of financial responsibility (liability insurance) in your name;
2. Present your valid Texas driver’s license; (CDL drivers are not eligible.)
3. Pay full amount of State fees and court costs; AND
4. Pay $10.00 DSC administration fee.
Deferred Disposition is a suspended sentence. On your plea of no contest for a moving traffic violation, the Court will defer a finding of guilt, assess court costs, and order that you post a bond to comply with certain conditions. If you successfully comply with the terms, your citation will be dismissed and the bond will be applied to a special expense fee. To request a deferred disposition, you must provide and present a valid driver's license and proof of financial responsibility (liability insurance) in your name on or before your initial appearance date.
You are not eligible to request a deferred disposition if:
- You hold a commercial driver's license.
- You are currently on a deferral for another violation.
- You were cited for speeding 25 miles per hour or more over the posted limit.
- You were speeding 95 miles per hour or more.
- You were passing a school bus while loading or unloading children.
- You were cited for a violation within a work zone with workers present.
- You do not have a valid driver's license or proper liability insurance.
Financial Responsibility (Liability Insurance)
If you received a citation for Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility (Liability Insurance) and you had a valid policy on the day and time you were cited, you may present proof to the Court and request a dismissal. Original ID cards or policies are accepted; no copies or billings. Facsimile transmissions will only be accepted if sent directly from your insurance company.
If you received a citation for Expired Driver’s License or Expired Vehicle Registration, you may request that your citation be dismissed if you meet the following terms:
- Renew your license or registration within 20 business days from the date of the citation.
- Provide a legible receipt of registration which identifies the registered vehicle and penalty fees paid at the Tax Assessor's Office.
- Present the corrected license or registration receipt noted above and pay a dismissal fee on or before your appearance date.
If you do not meet all of the terms, the full amount of the fine will be assessed
Hearings and Trials
If you wish to contest your citation by entering a plea of Not Guilty you must appear on or before your appearance date. Upon receipt of your plea, your case will be scheduled for an appearance docket at a later date and time.